Current Library Service - Phase 4 Appointment Only
The Library will reopen at full staff capacity and will modify services according to staffing levels and safety guidelines provided by New York State and St. Lawrence County Public Health Department.
Service modifications include:
• A maximum of 10 patrons will be allowed inside. Patrons will be required to make an appointment to come in to browse for a period of thirty minutes.
• Patrons will enter the library from the front entrance and will be required to sign in, wear masks, utilize disposable gloves, use hand sanitizer and practice social distancing.
• Patrons will exit the library from the side entrance.
• All library materials that have been touched must be quarantined for 96 hours. In order to avoid quarantining materials, we request that patrons wear disposable gloves when handling the collections.
• Patrons will not be allowed to browse or visit the Warren Room to access the newspaper and magazine collection. If they’d like to borrow materials from this room a staff member will retrieve it. All magazines and newspapers are available for checkout.
• The children’s area is open for browsing but all games, toys and activities are unavailable at this time.
Requesting, Borrowing and Returning Materials
Patrons are encouraged to continue placing holds using the online catalog (catalog.ncls.org/client/en_US/nclscat) or by calling the Library at (315)769-9914 for staff assistance. Library materials shall be returned in the exterior drop box.
When inside the building library patrons will checkout at the Circulation Desk, by placing their library card with barcode side up on the countertop for staff to scan.
Patrons can place materials on hold through the online catalog, or they can call the library for assistance with their needs.
• Patrons will be notified by staff phone call when their item is available for pick up during library hours.
• Patrons should call library staff from the library parking lot when they arrive for their pick up.
• Library staff will check out their materials, place them in a bag and put it outside the door.
• Patrons should wear a mask and maintain social distancing from other patrons when outside the library.
Computers and Wi-Fi
Two computers will be available for patron use in the public computer lab for 1.5 hours per day. In order to avoid disappointment, we encourage patrons to make an appointment to use the computers. The computer keyboard and the mouse will be covered with a disposable plastic cover that will changed between patron use.
Wi-Fi is available 24/7 inside and outside the library building.
Printing, copying faxing and notary services are available.
Patrons may use our online services including downloadable books and magazines, available at www.massenapubliclibrary.org.
Overdue fines for late materials will continue to be waived.
Monday - Tuesday – Thursday - Friday: 9:30am - 5:00pm
(Inside browsing by appointment from 12:30pm-4:30pm, curbside services all day)
(Inside browsing by appointment from 12:30pm-7:30pm, curbside services all day)
Saturday: 9:30am- 1:00pm (Inside browsing and curbside until 12:30pm)