As a member of the North Country Library System consortium, the Massena Public Library can borrow materials from 63 member libraries. Patrons may use the online catalog to see what is available from the other NCLS libraries, and may reserve books from home using the instructions below:
- Click on the Catalog tab
- Enter your library card number and PIN (last four digits of your phone number) in the top, right corner; click the Login button. Please Note: First time users may need to contact the library to activate the PIN number.
- In the search box, type your request, i.e., Author, Title, Subject, Series.
- Choose a book or other type of material or “ANY” as default.
- From the list, click on the item which you would like to place a hold.
- Click PLACE HOLD in the box on the left.
- Confirm pick-up library (in most cases it will be Massena).
- Click OK.
Note: Do not place a hold on an item marked “NEW” from another library, as their patrons have first “dibs” and the wait will be lengthy. Using the online catalog, you can check on the status of your reserve books, see a list of items that you have checked out (as well as their due dates), and renew items from home. Please note that if an item has already been renewed once, or another patron has placed a hold on it, you will be unable to renew the item.
Most interlibrary loan material arrives at the library on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. A member of our staff will call you when the requested material arrives. Patrons have one week to pick up their items at the Library.